Our Monday night live webinars (we usually call them “Office Hours”) are a popular benefit of being an Academy student or a tech member at Appliantology.org.
We frequently hear after the event from one or more heartbroken techs who missed out on the enlightenment because they didn’t know one or more of the following tips. So, take heed!
NOTE: even if you’ve attended before, please read through this as some information has changed recently!
1. Get your connection details WAY before Monday evening. Scrambling at the last minute might mean that you miss out. Things are pretty hectic around here the last half-hour before a live webinar, as Team Samurai gets everything ready to go, and we can't always have eyeballs on last-minute emails.
ACADEMY STUDENTS: fill out the RSVP form at the bottom of the “Office Hours” page (under “Support” in the main menu). You will receive an email with the details.
TECH MEMBERS AT APPLIANTOLOGY: click the “Request an Invitation” link in the calendar event posted at Appliantology.org before 6:30 on Monday, fill out the form, and we’ll email the details to you.
2. If it’s your first time using Join.me, take the time to watch the video on how it works. It’s easy, but there are a couple of important things to know (like how to connect to the audio) so that you can see AND hear us.
3. Arrive 5-10 minutes early. Scott is the one that has to let people into the webinar space, and if he's already presenting, there may be a delay in clicking you in because he has to wait until he can pause and see who is "knocking."
4. When you connect to the webinar, you’ll be prompted to enter your name. Do not just use the “Viewer #” that automatically appears in the box. Enter your own name (or username) THEN knock to enter. The system is set to require that you enter a name, and you’ll be denied if you don’t.
5. Our Office Hours are always on Monday nights at 7pm eastern time. They are not always every week, however. We usually plan them about 5-7 days in advance and will put the info up on the Office Hours page at the Academies, and as a Calendar event at Appliantology. We also send out newsletter announcements ahead of time.
Any other questions? Contact us using the Contact form at whichever site you are a student/member.