Online training courses for appliance repair excellence
Here's what you need to know to get yourself or your tech started at the Mr. Appliance Academy.
If you look in the address bar, the URL can be a little confusing. To get directly to this site, just go to www.MrAppliance.tech
The Mr. Appliance Academy has the same technical courses as at our original Master Samurai Tech site, but at dramatically reduced prices.
How to sign up in two easy steps
- If the tech has not yet taken any courses at the Academy, fill out the registration form. We will set up the account and email you with login details.
- Enroll. Log into the new account and then Enroll in the Course or Bundle you want.
(Click any of the course titles to see what's included in them)
1. Course Bundles - these are subsidized by Mr. Appliance LLC, giving you a tremendous discount.
- Bundle 1. Includes 3 "full-support" courses: Fundamentals of Appliance Repair, Refrigerator Repair, and Advanced Troubleshooting. Full support means students get personalized help in the Ask the Teacher Forums, take exams personally graded by Team Samurai, and earn Master Certification. Tuition: $395 (retail value $1195)
- Bundle 2. Includes the "self-study" version of the Bundle 1 courses. Students do not have access to the Forums, nor does this lead to Master Certification. Tuition: $150 (value $745)
- Bundle 3. This is just the "self-study" version of Fundamentals of Appliance Repair. Tuition: $50 (value $345)
2. Individual Courses - these are newer courses that are not part of the subsidized Course Bundle program, but they are offered at a 20% discount compared to the retail value. Techs will get the most out of these courses if they complete a Course Bundle first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommended course sequence for MRA Techs
- Enroll in Bundle 1 and earn Master Certification
- Then enroll in the other 2 courses, one at a time (either order is fine). Just be sure to log into the tech's account first, then go to the Enroll page.
Does a tech have to take the two new courses to earn Master Certification?
No. Master Certification is only based on the Bundle 1 set of three courses.
Why earn Master Certification?
Most importantly, because it encourages the tech to master as much of the material as possible. But they also get some great bling, including a Certificate and the ability to wear the special Master uniform and patch. And as a huge BONUS, they get a free premium membership at our tech support site, Appliantology. For more details, click here.
How long do students have to complete the courses?
Each enrollment comes with one year of access, whether it is a Bundle or an individual course. Be sure the student is ready to get started before Enrolling! (See our full FAQs for info on how long it takes to complete the courses.)
How do I track my tech's training?
Supervising techs while they are taking the training is critical to ensure that they complete the courses on time and also get the most out of them. Please see our Employer Resource Page for information and helpful downloads for planning and tracking your techs’ training.
Why aren’t the two newer courses part of a bundle?
The original arrangement between Mr. Appliance LLC and Master Samurai Tech only covers offering our first 3 technical courses as a subsidized bundle. That may change in later years, but for now we are just able to offer the two new courses for individual enrollment at a 20% discount.
Still have questions?
There are more FAQs on this page.
Or, Contact us!