The Samurai hosts regular live webinars to help students understand the course material and for open Q&A. Think of the webinars like Office Hours where students can drop by for extra instruction and ask questions about their course work. Some of the Office Hours webinars are recorded and students who have purchased Bundle 1 may watch the webinar recordings here.
If you plan on attending a webinar, you must RSVP using the form at the bottom of this page. The connection details are unique for each webinar, so you need to RSVP each time you plan to attend.
Office Hours are always on Mondays from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Eastern Time (adjust your time zone accordingly), and usually occur at least twice a month. The duration of the sessions varies according to attendance and questions. We try to end by 8:00 pm but may go longer based on Q&A. The topics of the webinars also vary but will be announced below.
How to Attend a Webinar
Our web meetings are powered by Join.me which is the best service of its kind out there. You can participate using any Windows or Mac desktop or using any Android or Apple device. Come git you the free software or app to enhance your learning experience: https://www.join.me/apps
Here are two tips to ensure it's a smooth, cool experience for you:
1. Arrive early to make sure your connection is working! Also, if you show up late for the webinar, you'll be lost.
2. Watch this ultra-short video on how to use your Join.me control console while you're in the web meeting because you're gonna wanna do cool stuff like:
- correctly connect your audio (without producing the dreaded echo!) so you and everyone else can hear what the Samurai is explaining
- mute and unmute yourself
- annotate on the Samurai's screen to help explain your question
- lots of other mind-blowing features!
The Upcoming Webinar:
Who: Students enrolled in Bundle 1 here at the Academy.
What: Open Q&A - if you're having trouble understanding something in your coursework here at the Academy, this is a great time and place to get live help from the Samurai. If you have a specific schematic or tech sheet you'd like us to review, please send it in to me ahead of time so I can have it ready to share on the screen.
When: Monday, July 24, 2017, @7 PM ET
Dang Nabbit! If you're seeing this message, it's because either you're not logged in or not enrolled in the Full-Support Tech Training Bundle (Bundle 1).