The Samurai hosts regular live webinars to help students understand the course material and for open Q&A. Think of the webinars like Office Hours where students can drop by for extra instruction and ask questions about their course work. Some of the Office Hours webinars are recorded and students who have purchased Bundle 1 may watch the webinar recordings here.
If you plan on attending a webinar, you must RSVP using the form at the bottom of this page. The connection details are unique for each webinar, so you need to RSVP each time you plan to attend.
Click to read our Essential Tips: What you need to know about attending our live webinars
Office Hours are always on Mondays from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Eastern Time (adjust your time zone accordingly), and usually occur at least twice a month. The duration of the sessions varies according to attendance and questions. We try to end by 8:00 pm but may go longer based on Q&A. The topics of the webinars also vary but will be announced below.
How to Attend a Webinar
Our web meetings are powered by Join.me which is the best service of its kind out there. You can participate using any Windows or Mac desktop or using any Android or Apple device. Come git you the free software or app to enhance your learning experience: https://www.join.me/apps
Here are three tips to ensure it's a smooth, cool experience for you:
1. Arrive early to make sure your connection is working! Also, if you show up late for the webinar, you'll be lost.
2. Enter your name at the "knock to enter" window on the meeting page- if you leave it blank, you won't be able to enter.
3. Watch this ultra-short video on how to use your Join.me control console while you're in the web meeting.
The Upcoming Webinar:
Who: Students enrolled in Bundle 1 here at the Academy.
What: Basic Refrigeration System Thermodynamics
This is the first part in a multi-part webinar series on understanding how the sealed system in a refrigerator works. In this first session, we're going to be laying foundational concepts that will be used in subsequent webinars. So if you miss this one, you'll be lost in the later sessions.
In this first part, we're going to discuss and understand:
- Pressure and vacuum units of measurement
- Energy and work: BTU vs. BTUH
- Latent and sensible heats
- Saturation temperature
- Boiling point and phase change
- The Pressure-Enthalpy (P-H) diagram
- Using the P-H diagram to analyze an ideal refrigeration cycle
- Refrigerant pressure-temperature saturation tables
- Superheat and subcooling
When: Monday, October 2, 2017, @7 PM ET
Dang Nabbit! If you're seeing this message, it's because either you're not logged in or not enrolled in the Full-Support Tech Training Bundle (Bundle 1).