Hi, my name is Scott Brown. Since 1996, I have been active in the major home appliance repair industry, both as an in-home appliance repair technician running my own service business, but also online as my well-known appliance tech alter-ego, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, helping other appliance technicians at our tech support community, Appliantology.org and at my YouTube Channel.
Before I got into appliance repair, I designed and oversaw construction of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems as a refrigeration design engineer. I also served as an environmental engineer overseeing compliance at various American and Canadian manufacturing facilities as well as designing remediation for various Midwest-based Superfund hazardous waste sites. I also served as a process engineer in developing and improving the tire production process and as an avionics technician in the U.S. Navy repairing navigational radar equipment. In short, I know tech. And well.
Home and Family
I moved to New London, New Hampshire, in 1994 with my wife, Susan, and our one-year-old daughter, Ivey. Our two sons, Stephen and Sam, were both born here, and both now work for our business in various capacities.
- Basic Electricity and Electronics School, U.S. Navy, 1977
- Aviation Electronics Technician School, U.S. Navy, 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Engineering, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 1984
- Master of Science, Environmental Systems Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 1988
Licenses and Professional Associations
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), New Hampshire, License No. 09030
- Member, United Servicers Association
- EPA Refrigeration Certification
Mr. Appliance® Franchisee of the Year, 1998
U.S. Navy, Active Duty 1977-1980, Active Reserves 1980-1982.