Hi, my name is Scott Brown. Since 1996, I have been active in the major home appliance repair industry, both as an in-home appliance repair technician running my own service business, but also online as my well-known appliance tech alter-ego, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, helping other appliance technicians at our tech support community, Appliantology.org and at my YouTube Channel.
Before I got into appliance repair, I designed and oversaw construction of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems as a refrigeration design engineer. I also served as an environmental engineer overseeing compliance at various American and Canadian manufacturing facilities as well as designing remediation for various Midwest-based Superfund hazardous waste sites. I also served as a process engineer in developing and improving the tire production process and as an avionics technician in the U.S. Navy repairing navigational radar equipment. In short, I know tech. And well.
Home and Family
I moved to New London, New Hampshire, in 1994 with my wife, Susan, and our one-year-old daughter, Ivey. Our two sons, Stephen and Sam, were both born here. My sons sometimes accompany me on service calls to help their old Dad out and learn how to fix things.
- Basic Electricity and Electronics School, U.S. Navy, 1977
- Aviation Electronics Technician School, U.S. Navy, 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Agricultural Engineering, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 1984
- Master of Science, Environmental Systems Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 1988
Licenses and Professional Associations
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.), New Hampshire, License No. 09030
- Member, United Servicers Association
- EPA Refrigeration Certification
Mr. Appliance® Franchisee of the Year, 1998
U.S. Navy, Active Duty 1977-1980, Active Reserves 1980-1982.